1P and Continental Airlines - very strange

1hairleft
1hairleft
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Hi all,
I'm new here, searched and didn't find anything relating to this so I'll go ahead and ask....just installed 1P 3 on my Mac today. I am using OS X Snow Leopard. Been getting all passwords entered. At continental.com I entered my Continental One Pass number and pin to log in, then clicked the "save" button just like I'd done with a bunch of others. Everything saved ok except for the "All Fields" info. at the bottom of the screen. There are about 50 or 60 (I didn't count but there are a BUNCH of) lines of info that appear to have been retrieved from the site. Its mostly jibberish and makes no sense. But I can read it. Here's an example of one line:
ctl00$CustomerHeader$rdlang en-us
and here's another;
ctl00$CustomerHeader$ChangeBtn cha...
Looks like 1P sucked up everything from the Continental home page and displayed it in the "All Fields" section.
Anybody know how to fix this?
Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    1hairleft wrote:
    Hi all,
    I'm new here, searched and didn't find anything relating to this so I'll go ahead and ask....just installed 1P 3 on my Mac today. I am using OS X Snow Leopard. Been getting all passwords entered. At continental.com I entered my Continental One Pass number and pin to log in, then clicked the "save" button just like I'd done with a bunch of others. Everything saved ok except for the "All Fields" info. at the bottom of the screen. There are about 50 or 60 (I didn't count but there are a BUNCH of) lines of info that appear to have been retrieved from the site. Its mostly jibberish and makes no sense. But I can read it. Here's an example of one line:
    ctl00$CustomerHeader$rdlang en-us
    and here's another;
    ctl00$CustomerHeader$ChangeBtn cha...
    Looks like 1P sucked up everything from the Continental home page and displayed it in the "All Fields" section.
    Anybody know how to fix this?
    Thanks

It happens, 1PW saves all the fields that you entered manually on a site, each site has a different structure and 1P doesn't really know which is the user/pass and can't just pick on random, so it save all of them and you can edit them manually. Some people, like me, find those extra fields useful because it store the security answers as well and other fields like Pin codes and so on.

You can delete those fields (just double check that you don't delete both user and password). Go to 1PW>Logins>Find your Continental Account, press edit button and press the - for all the extra fields that is useless (make sure you aren't deleting security answers either if you need to know it).

Other than that, you can just leave it as if, it's not going to affect you at all. Everybody has some accounts with those extra fields that they never notice before.

Looking at the account registration, http://www.continental.com/web/en-US/apps/account/enroll.aspx, those are all stored when 1PW save your login information. So I'm not surprised to see dozens.
  • I'm having trouble with the beta -- the username and password on the login page are filled in, but when it tries to submit, the page just reloads (no error message).
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I'm sorry for the trouble here. It looks like there is an issue with autosubmit on the Continental Airlines login page. The new Safari 5.1 extension does not yet honor a Submit value of "Never" for individual logins (which would be the normal course of action), but you can disable autosubmit globally in 1Password's preferences until we can get that working.

20110721-tw8mdygqpaaxcf7jgkxgxqcbd4.png

In my testing disabling autosubmit worked well. We are working to resolve this as quickly as we can. Thanks for reporting this!
  • Thanks – that stopgap worked. :) I appreciate the response.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Not a problem at all! I am glad that works for now. Once we get the Submit value working in the new Safari 5.1 extension, you can keep autosubmit enabled globally but just disable it for your Contitental Login item.

20110723-btr5sdyg4397yikysu92g7nfyk.png

Of course, we are working to improve autosubmit on this and other sites so that no workaround is needed. ;-)

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.