To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Confusion about master passwords on ios

madsteer
madsteer
Community Member

I signed up for the free trial of personal accounts a few weeks ago. Everything seemed to be set up OK. I migrated to my new iphone 7 today and the first time I loaded 1Password it wouldn't let me use touch ID to unlock the app. I tried my personal account master password a few times and it wouldn't take it. About to give up, I put in my old master password from before I signed up for personal accounts and it worked!

I have 1Password configured to always let me use touch ID, so I have no idea if the master password to unlock my app was the same as the personal account master password on my old device or not, but on my new iphone they don't match. In settings -> security the "Change Master Password" is greyed out.

So, my main question is how can I change the password needed to initially get into the app to match my personal account password?

A side question is, can I delete my Primary Vault in iOS like I can/did in macOS?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.1
Sync Type: personal account

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @madsteer

The password used to unlock the apps is always the first one that was added: in your case the one for local vaults. If you delete 1Password from your iPhone and download it again you'll be taking care of both of your issues at once. You can set up your account directly, that's the Master Password that will be used from now on and also it's currently the only way to delete your local vaults.

Please let us know if you have any other questions that we can help you with and if everything goes well for you :chuffed:

• madsteer
    madsteer
    Community Member

That worked.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Pilar, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that helped. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.