To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account to Sync between Mac Stand Alone and iPhone App

mbd1010
mbd1010
Community Member

I just purchased 1PW6 through the store. I understand I need to separately purchase the app for my iPhone for full functionality. To sync data I see that I can use iCloud or a 1PW account. If I want to create a 1PW account must I also pay for the subscription?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @mbd1010,

Welcome to the forums! :+1:

If you created 1Password Account before the purchases, you wouldn't need to purchase 1Password on Mac and pro-features on iOS, it is included in the subscription. Check the pricing on our website. However, since you already made a purchase, you will need to pay for subscription, as licenses and 1Password accounts are different.

Right now you can proceed with what you have. See our guide on how to setup syncing via iCloud:

Sync with iCloud

If you have more questions about 1Password Accounts, please ask them, we are happy to help. If you have 1Password Account, your encrypted vault is stored on our servers and you don't need to worry about syncing options.

I hope it helps. Don't hesitate to raise more questions. :)

Thanks!

++
    Greg 8-)

• mbd1010
    mbd1010
    Community Member

Thank you for clarifying. Long time license holder, so it sounds like iCloud is way to go.

• On behalf of Greg, you're welcome. :) iCloud is indeed a good way to sync with Apple devices outside an account. Hope it works well for you! Let us know if you need anything.

This discussion has been closed.