To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

license or account ?

math22
math22
Community Member

Hello,

I am setting up 1password on my personnal mac and iphone and my work PC.

I am not authorized to install external softwares on my work PC. Therefore I need to find a technique to use 1password on my work PC without having to install anything (I do not have admin rights ... )

What would be the way to do that ?

Can I do that with an account ? I tried to install the chrome extension on my work PC and it is not working.

Would I be able to use 1password without installing anything using dropbox sync ?

Thank you !

Mathilde

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    edited September 2016

Hi @math22! Welcome to the forum. That's a great question as well. You can use 1Password without installing anything if you have a subscription account. These include access from 1Password.com in any browser. So long as your work network doesn't restrict access to that website, you should be able to use things just fine. I see you've already signed up for an account too. One thing to note is that the web app doesn't include the browser extension, so you would need to copy and paste passwords to use them.

• I also noticed you emailed us about this. I've closed that ticket and we can keep the conversation going here. If you'd like to move to email, just let us know.

ref: QTB-46781-594

• math22
    math22
    Community Member

Hello Jacob ,

Thanks you for your answer.

It's seems tedious to have to go to the website and copy paste my password each time I want to access a protected website.

Wouldn't t be easier to use the Dropbox sync ? Would I need to copy/paste in that case ?

Thanks !

Mathilde

• I see what you mean. The thing is, Dropbox data can only be accessed with the 1Password app, which you can't install on your system. The extension needs the app to work as well, so you wouldn't be able to fill things with it unless you installed it and the app. I'm sorry about this. We're looking at making a standalone extension in the future, it's just later down the road.

This discussion has been closed.