Teams for a virtual assistant

I'm a virtual assistant, and I'm trying to figure out if the Teams structure would be useful for my work with my clients. I'm not sure if I can assign "team members" (in my case, clients) certain permissions--in other words, they can only view their own accounts and credentials and not those of other clients. I know that I can assign permissions in terms of reveal, view, add, remove, etc., but I don't think I want all of my clients to be able to see that I have login information stored for all of my other clients. I want them to only be able to see their own. I hope this makes sense. I've been using 1Password for over a year now and just haven't ventured into Teams yet.

1Password Version: 6.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitain 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thewholelifebalance: Thanks for reaching out. This is a great question!

I have to say that this isn't quite what 1Password Teams is designed for. When developing it, we had sort of the opposite in mind: instead of an individual inviting other clients/companies to their team, we anticipated (due to popular request) companies inviting employees or contractors to the company team as full team members or as guests.

But in either case, the Team Owner and Admins are the only ones who can view all of the team members/guests, and each will only have access to their own Personal vault and those that have been shared with them. However, the one caveat is that a vault that is shared with multiple people will show those with access to it who else has access. But this is good because you wouldn't want to blindly put data in a vault not knowing that others can access it!

So on the face of it, it sounds like this may work for your use. And I guess you can just include the cost for adding the client as a team member when you bill them. ;)

I suspect there may be other questions you may have, so please don't be shy! I'm interested to hear more about your so we can figure out what will work best for you — and perhaps others as well. :)

• I just wanted to add that you get unlimited vaults with 1Password Teams, so I would recommend using some vaults to organize things for your clients. Creating them takes a few clicks, and you can add any members of your team that you'd like as well.

How to create family and team vaults and share items

Unless you add a team member to a vault, they won't have access to it. This will protect your clients' privacy as well. :) Guests would be useful for you if you'd rather not the client have their own Personal vault, and if you only need to add them to one vault. I'd recommend using team members, though, since they're more versatile and your clients will get a more complete experience. Hope that helps, and let us know if you have any questions about things down the road.

This discussion has been closed.