"Disappearing" data

This discussion was created from comments split from: Items disappearing after saving [We're investigating this as a sync issue ATM].

Comments

• organicman
    organicman
    Community Member

I have this same issue. Two banks disappeared within the past few days. I had been viewing these records a few days ago. Today when I tried to access them, each record was gone! How can I get fast help on this??

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@organicman: Thanks for reaching out! I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your issue.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, device versions, and the sync method you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you encountering this issue on one particular device? Thanks in advance! :)

• organicman
    organicman
    Community Member

Mac OSX Mountain Lion only. 17 inch 2011 MacBook Pro. 1pw version 4.4.2. I use whatever defaults are in 1pw as far as I know.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@organicman: I'm sorry to ask this again, but I want to make absolutely sure we're on the same page: are you only using this Mac, and not syncing your 1Password data between multiple devices? If so, then something is either corrupting or deleting files on disk, and typically that would indicate an impending hardware failure. If you're syncing between devices, then sync conflicts may be resulting in copies of items being created, which is likely not catastrophic. SO if sync is entirely out of the equation, be sure to backup everything. And then we'll need to look at restoring your 1Password data from a backup within the app. Let me know!

• organicman
    organicman
    Community Member

Correction - I hadn't remembered installing it on my Galaxy Note 4 phone as well, since I hadn't really used that yet. So there is another device connected.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@organicman: Ah, got it! So are you using Dropbox to sync data between them then? Do you see the missing data in 1Password for Android? I think at this point it would be helpful to see a diagnostic report from each device:

Android: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html
    Windows: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html

Attach the entire file for each to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.