Never to be resolved?

Options
BoxCar
BoxCar
Community Member

Is 1Btowset deprecated? Seeing other issue with portals and same pop-up/new tab failures.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BoxCar,

1Browser hasn't been an areas of strong focus lately, but it's not deprecated.

Would love some more details about any issues you may be having. Steps to reproduce are always helpful. :)

Thanks!

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi, I’m referring to an ongoing yet somewhat morphed issue I’ve always had with a financial institution popup windows. It now generates an ‘Unhandled Exception” error window. When using Mobile Safari this error is not present.

Additionally, this is the workaround to sign in using Mobile Safari with the 1P extension. It seems overly cumbersome.
    1. Launch 1P iOS app.
    2. Login to 1P via TouchID
    3. Select desired Login
    4. Press and hold website URL
    5. Select Open in Safari
    6. Select share icon in Safari tray
    7. Open 1P extension
    8. Login with TouchID
    9. Select login credentials.
    10. Submit credentials
    Is there a faster workaround that I’m not aware of?

There’s no way to use 1P extension in Mobile Safari without already having the URL open. iOS 1P extension only allows the user to use credentials of the website is has detected via URL matching. Mac 1P allows the user to open any 1P login using search regardless of the current URL.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/50108/forced-to-login-again-when-a-new-window-or-tab-is-opened

• @BoxCar

Is there a faster workaround that I’m not aware of?

The first four steps of that could be eliminated by creating a Safari bookmark for the site in question. Or, you can start typing the URL, and if you've been there before, Safari should suggest the rest of it for you. e.x. if I start typing ama Safari will know that I want to go to amazon.com and fill the rest of it for me.

That might help speed up the process? :)

Ben

• BoxCar
    BoxCar
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Right but the point is I want to do this in 1P browser and it has been broken as long as I can remember. I don’t want to start duplicating bookmarked websites (desktop, mobile, personal, business) that are already saved in 1P for which there are several versions because of the nature of my accounts and the financial institution’s marrying of various products.

• I wish I had better news, but the workaround I provided above is the best I have to offer at the moment. As Khad mentioned 1Browser is not currently an area of development focus, and isn't likely to become one in the short term. That doesn't mean that we won't fix a bug there, if there is one, but a fix is unlikely to be forthcoming in the immediate future. That is, unless the bug is actually in the Apple APIs we use for 1Browser, and is fixed on their end.

I know that isn't the answer you were hoping for, and I apologize for that, but I want to be up front with you about the situation.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.