Deleting Primary Vault

We just implemented teams. I copied my passwords from my primary vault to my personal vault under Teams and now need to delete my old primary vault. However the system won't allow me to delete it. When I go to help > troubleshooting > start over per another help forum, that's greyed out too. How do I delete?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @randreottola

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go as expected to delete the Primary Vault. There are 2 first things that I'd like you to try. First, can you please let us know which version of 1Password you have installed and make sure it's the latest one? Also, do you have more than one local vault (Primary and something else)? You won't be able to delete the Primary Vault until all other local vaults have been deleted.

Can you please test this for me and see what you find out? If we still need to do some more digging, let us know :chuffed:

• randreottola
    randreottola
    Community Member

I'm on the most updated version of 1Password. We currently share a team vault and we each have our own individual vaults, yes. So I can't delete my primary vault until I delete the shared vault?

• @randreottola Thanks for the info. You can remove the Primary vault in that case. Simply switch to it from the vault menu in the top left of the window, then from the menu bar choose 1Password -> Delete Vault. Let us know how that goes!

• randreottola
    randreottola
    Community Member

Actually I can't, that's the problem. It's greyed out.

• @randreottola Okay, do you mind posting a screenshot of your vault menu so we can get a better idea of what's happening? If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over here.

Once you have the image, make sure to remove or mask any private info since this is a public forum. Then just attach it to your post by clicking the document icon and clicking Choose Files. Here's what that looks like:

Thanks!

• @randreottola Do you have any additional vaults outside your account? The Primary vault can only be deleted once all other vaults outside the account are also deleted. Vaults in the account don't affect this.

Also, the Start Over option is only available when 1Password is locked.

• randreottola
    randreottola
    Community Member

We have a shared vault with the team and everyone has a personal/primary vault. Does this mean no one can delete their primary vault until the the shared vault is deleted?

• @randreottola Is the Shared vault in the team account? If it is, it doesn't count as I mentioned before. If not, I'd recommend moving the data in it over to the team account since that's the best way to share things. :)

If neither of those is the case, I'd like to get a better idea of what your setup is like to see what could be happening with the vault not letting you delete it. To get that info, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• randreottola
    randreottola
    Community Member

We bought 1 license at least a year ago and share it with everyone. IT sets up TSP on everyone's computer as they're hired with that 1 shared license. We then instruct employees to create their own personal vault outside the shared vault.

Now we've implemented teams. I'd like to instruct everyone to delete their old primary vaults once they have teams on their machines.

• @randreottola Did you see my past replies? I'm not quite sure what you're referring to in your most recent message.

This discussion has been closed.