Migrating from 3.8.22 to families: mightily confused

Options
colincaskie
colincaskie
Community Member

OK, so I want to stop using my old version of 1Password and migrate the family to your new subscription but I've got hugely confused.
I have the web account setup. I have the new Mac app installed. Your migration instructions online didn't bear any relationship to the experience on my Mac (I couldn't find a QR code to scan etc.) Also, when your instructions said to create a new vault at sign up time and to "use the same master password as my existing vault" it wouldn't let me do that as the master password of my existing vault was rejected as being too short. So, I have a new vault with a new master password.

I finally got something to work by doing a manual export of my data from 3.8 to a folder and then importing that to V6. However, of the 402 items stored there, only 186 of them show up on the web. Lots of the items have a "Rejected by server 100" Error against them, but seemingly at random (I have 4 passwords stored in there, 2 of them synced, 2 failed; all have the same data fields present.)

1Password has always been one of these things that's "just worked" and I've convinced my family to move to this new version but to be honest I'm starting to regret it as it's all a bit impenetrable. Can you please provide me simple instructions to move from my old vault (which I synced with a .agilekeychain file in Dropbox), to the new version. That vault synced to multiple machines, an iPhone and an iPad and that's what I was hoping to do.....

Help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:rejected by server, kb:undefined, kb-search:rejected by server 100

Comments

• colincaskie
    colincaskie
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'm even more confused now. I thought there was a 6 months free trial of the new families account, which is why I went ahead and created an account. Now I see that my account only has a 30 day free trial.

I bought and paid for a family account under the old licensing regime, and although I'm not super happy about having to move to the subscription model, I guess things move on so happy to pay. However, as I've been a customer for a long time, I'm also keen to get a bit of a break! This is all starting to annoy me.....

• Hi @colincaskie! Welcome to the forum. :) I'm so sorry for the trouble moving to a family account. To get a better idea of what happened when you moved your data over, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

Create and send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

I thought there was a 6 months free trial of the new families account, which is why I went ahead and created an account. Now I see that my account only has a 30 day free trial.

Sorry for the confusion. The free 6 months promotion is only for individual accounts. Since you're upgrading from 1Password 3 and you'd get a discount on a license if you decided to go that route instead, I'd be happy to work with you on things. :) We can chat more about this via email when you get in touch. Talk to you soon!

• martinfortknox
    martinfortknox
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jacob

I'm having the same issue. I had 3.8, upgraded to El Capitan, now 1password wont work properly.

I have no idea how to transfer my old passwords into the new app.

Hopefully you can help.

Thanks

• @martinfortknox Sorry to hear that. The good news is, transferring your passwords into the new app is automatic. We have a nice little guide to help you with it too:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

Once you do that, there are two ways to pay for 1Password now: A subscription account, which includes some extra goodies, or a license upgrade from what you had before. I would be happy to go over the details of each if you'd like. Let us know once you've moved things into the new app successfully and we'll go from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.