migration from 1password account (new version) to families

agilelover
agilelover
Community Member

What are the steps to migrate from 1password 6.3.3 (single user) to 1password family. How do I move my data. My hesitation is that the directions I've found are not clearly marked as applying to the account version.

Is the Safari extension for families as fully functioning as my current version?

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @agilelover!

What are the steps to migrate from 1password 6.3.3 (single user) to 1password family. How do I move my data. My hesitation is that the directions I've found are not clearly marked as applying to the account version.

You can find instructions here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Is the Safari extension for families as fully functioning as my current version?

It is the same extension. :)

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Ben

• agilelover
    agilelover
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

I'm still not confident that the directions apply to 1password accounts. For example the link you gave says

" To import data into your new account

From the File menu, choose Backup. Then click Backup Now to back up your vault."

But on my 1password account app there is no File->Backup option.

• I'm still not confident that the directions apply to 1password accounts

It does. :)

But on my 1password account app there is no File->Backup option.

The app is the same whether you are using an account or using a standalone vault. But to follow the instructions you must both be signed into your account, and still also have access to your standalone vault that you want to move your data from. This all happens within the 1Password for Mac app (not on the website).

Please let us know how it turns out!

Ben

• agilelover
    agilelover
    Community Member

When you say "standalone vault that you want to move your data from", where is that vault? I'm a 1password account user and I'm not sure what you mean. As an account user I don't have any "standalone" vaults.

• That vault is most likely named Primary and in the vault menu, it will be the one that isn't under an account name. Here's what that looks like in 1Password for Mac:

Please give the video in that knowledge base article a viewing if you're having trouble. It should clear things up. :)

This discussion has been closed.