FYI: I found a way to restore this (from my complaint on a previous post)
I really want to get this off my chest. I posted on Twitter and someone replied to what my complaint was. This software is crap. I was going to ignore it, but I've been trying to use it for 3 months or so.... it is beta (I'd call it alpha....) and I REALLY want you guys to make a legitimate app, so here are some problems I'm having:
Beta Version: 6.0.231 Windows 10
Normal Version: 184.108.40.2064 Windows 10
iOS Version: 6.4.4
Here is my standard: I know I already paid for a "family license" but, If my Wife (and kids) will not use this, then you may as well ....
- The beta version will NOT allow me to edit anything. [I wish I could bold and highlight this, seriously WTF???] There is an obvious pencil and the word "Edit" but NOTHING happens. I truly want to scream...
- Since I cannot edit an item, if I edit the item in my version 4 app, it almost never updates within my version 6 app. This may be somewhat intended, but since you cannot do this natively in the version 6 app, that is 110% unacceptable.
- No rich icons. Not functional, but they are actually really cool.
- I "move to trash" items, but NOTHING HAPPENS. 95% of the time. It's still there. There's a trash, but it almost always doesn't go there. In fact, I'm thinking within version 6, it NEVER goes there and what I'm seeing is only what's been deleted within the version 4 app.
- When I "Copy Item" to another vault... again... NOT A THING happens within the v6 beta app?? What????
- Related to #4, it is intermittent whether if I "Copy Item" to another vault that it actually shows up in that other vault in my iOS app.
- Again related to #4. If I "Copy Item" to another vault and it acually does what I expect it to (i.e. move the item to another vault) it then disappears in my version 4 'normal version' app.
- The overall appearance of the app is horrible. The borders are all janky. I have to strech the borders to incorporate the entire window. Every time I load the app, it default to the same jacked up view. Absolutely unacceptable.
- Not a single of the version 4 categories exist. I don't need to explain further, if you don't know what I'm talking about then I should stop now.
- BEYOND UNACCEPTABLE. If I make a change in an item on the version 4 app (which is limited to my DropBox vault, it WILL NOT SYNC TO MY Agile Bits Cloud Vaults. I have tried closing, restarting, logging in and out, etc. and it will not update the version 6 app item listing.
- It is retarded to Right Click and Choose "Copy" and then "username" or "password", you should have one single option to either "Copy Username" or "Copy Password".
- Related to #10. No option to copy username/password and then automatically minimize the 1password app.
- No support for Internet Explorer. Though I don't use IE. That's really BS.....
- I feel like I'm living on the edge with this version, on the brink of losing all my information. Is there no "backup"?? If this Beta version breaks, am I at risk of losing all 1,000 or so items I've saved? At least in version 4, there is an "enable automatic backups" option.
- The Chrome extension is marginally workable. At least it does the most basic function, which is to input the username/password to the appropriate fields on a page, however there are no other options, i.e. to create a random password on the fly, etc. like in the version 4 iteration.
- While I'm at it, WHY haven't you recreated the features of version 4 yet in this version 6 app before releasing it? I'm just confused.
- Categories have very bland icons in the main side panel. Not functional, but it's stupid things like this that turn off the wife and kids.
- When you "Move and Copy..." an item within the iOS app, it deletes properties such as Favorites, and Apple Watch settings
- When you "Move and Copy..." an item to a vault, it no longer appears within the version 4 app. Which may be, sort of intended, but really not acceptable. You should have an update that fixes this in the meantime since there are people using the version 4 app on their windows machine, but the version 6 app on their iOS device.
- Everything @PPY posts
- In the Chrome app extension ***** DO NOT CLICK THE GEAR ICON *** you would expect to bring up settings, it DOES NOT and risks closing your browser and thus closing any work you're doing if (in this instance) writing a forum post
- In the Chrome app extension, clicking the icon that you'd expect to change vaults, it does nothing. Maybe that's intended (it's just an icon, but looks like you should be able to do something since it's a common icon in your other apps).
- You need to put a little information as to what "TOTP" means. Not a big deal, but nobody would know.
- I'm afraid to retry this (in fear of messing up my database) but when I try to select multiple items and "copy" the item to a vault, it doesn't do what I intend. What I INTEND is to 'MOVE' it out of my Dropbox vault to your cloud vault. Hard to explain. But, I seem to get duplicates, or nothing happens.
I'm stopping here. I'm sorry to be a jerk, but I just need this to work. Version 4 is just fine for me, but I NEED the cloud functionality to make it feasible for a family license to work.
Thanks for listening
ONE LAST THING.... even your forums are buggy.... I created a post, it (thankfully) was saved a draft as it bugged out unexpectedly, but then when I try to post it, it will not post it because the forum post requires a 'category'.. I try to select "Windows Beta" but it WILL NOT SELECT IT and thus WILL NOT POST THE POST.... I'll try to copy and past and re-post somehow...
1Password Version: 6.0.231
Extension Version: 220.127.116.11
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (updated through 9/24/2016)
Sync Type: Agile Bits Cloud, Dropbox