Device list that work with touch ID/fingerprint

Sarah4883
Sarah4883
Community Member

My Google powers are failing me. I am in the market for a new phone, and one key feature I am looking for is the ability to use the fingerprint unlock on my phone to really start using 1password more easily. The top contenders are currently the Samsung 7edge, LG v20 or maybe the new Google pixel phone. I realize that 2 of those aren't out yet for actual testing. But wondering if anyone knows if the fingerprint access works, or is going to work with any of those devices?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Sarah4883: Any devices that support a minimum of Android M and Google's Nexus Imprint functionality should work. That said, some users have reported trouble with Galaxy Note 4 and 5, Galaxy S6 and S7, Zuk Z1, OnePlus 2, and MI 5. We're investigating these issues, but the common elements so far seem to be missing crypto libraries, perhaps related to vendor customizations. We're unfortunately not able to test all devices ourselves, but it seems as though devices that originally shipped with Android M or N don't suffer from compatibility issues with Nexus Imprint (and therefore 1Password fingerprint support). I'm personally looking forward to see what Google releases next. I hope this helps! :)

ref: OPA-850, OPA-844

This discussion has been closed.