Getting an error message that no vault exists on Google chrome and to sign in to app

Options

I just signed up and am having multiple problems and am very frustrated.

1. The Chrome extension is not working on my Mac. I saw the other help article. I deleted the extension and added it again and it still didn't work.
  2. I downloaded the app to my Mac (I am on Capitan) but I don't know what file to choose from my Mac web version to put on the Mac app.
  3. The app on my iOS device is also not working. It says I need to go to "window" and select WLAN server or file but neither of those is an option for me.

Please help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Getting an error message that no vault exists on Google chrome and to sign in to app

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The Chrome extension is not working on my Mac. I saw the other help article. I deleted the extension and added it again and it still didn't work.

@jslowry: I'm sorry to hear that. Are you receiving some sort of error message when you try to use the 1Password extension?

I downloaded the app to my Mac (I am on Capitan) but I don't know what file to choose from my Mac web version to put on the Mac app.

I'm not sure I understand. Can you tell me more about what you're trying to do here? Please also let me know all OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using.

The app on my iOS device is also not working. It says I need to go to "window" and select WLAN server or file but neither of those is an option for me.

This is referring to 1Password for Mac, which has the WLAN Server feature for syncing locally. This, however, is only possible with local vaults, not those part of a 1Password Account (which it sounds like you're using).

We'll get this sorted out for you. I look forward to your reply! :)

• littlebobbytables
    Options

Hello @jslowry,

I suspect the extension issues may be related to 1Password for Mac. If it hasn't been set up yet then there won't be anything for the extension to communicate with.

As you've created a 1Password account the following page should be applicable.

Get started with 1Password

I believe you've completed the steps in Sign up or join an account and the stumbling block is in the Set up the apps section. If nothing else the steps outlined there will help you describe how far you've managed to get, which step is causing the trouble and how things deviate from what the step led you to believe would happen.

That section has steps for both Mac and iOS and they may be what you're needing. I'm sure we'll understand better when we hear back from you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.