I stumbled upon an alarming bug the other day on my iPhone 6s running iOS 9.3.4 and 1Password 6.4.4. Of course, I can't reproduce the problem at the moment, so this bug report may not do any good since it is not reproducible at the moment.
In 1Password's security settings (Settings > Security), I have these options set:
Typically, I unlock the 1Password app to search for something, but I don't manually lock it again. I just move onto doing something else on my iPhone, and after 2 minutes, 1Password will auto-lock itself in the background.
However, the other day, I unlocked 1Password and it never auto-locked itself in the background. Even after 2 days, 1Password was still unlocked in the background!!
These are the steps I took, although I can't reproduce the problem at the moment:
1. I unlocked the iPhone.
2. I launched the 1Password app.
3. I unlocked the 1Password app by typing in my master password.
4. I clicked on the "Categories" button at the bottom.
5. I typed in a word in the "Search" box at the top (and "Search Everything" was selected).
6. 1Password found one matching login.
7. I clicked on the login, and scrolled all the way down to read all of my notes associated with that login.
8. Then I clicked on the back button to take me back to the search results screen.
9. Then I clicked once on the iPhone home button to take me back to the iPhone home screen.
10. I locked my iPhone (i.e. pressed the sleep/wake button on the iPhone).
11. I then proceeded to use my iPhone normally over the next 48 hours. But then (48 hours later), I went to launch 1Password and it was ALREADY UNLOCKED! It didn't ask me for my master password at all! The app was already unlocked -- AND IT WAS ON THE EXACT SAME SCREEN THAT I HAD PREVIOUSLY LEFT IT ON 48 hours earlier! It was still on the search results screen, with my search word STILL TYPED IN at the very top of the screen! It simply never locked itself -- it was just holding itself right where I last left it. For 48 hours.
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this problem right now. Although maybe that should be "fortunately", because I want the higher security!
1Password Version: 6.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.4
Sync Type: Dropbox