How do I stop the Chrome browser in Win10 from stealing focus after I click to open the extension?

I'm using Chrome version Version 53.0.2785.116 m on both my home and work computer running Windows 10. On both computers when I click the 1password extension to login and unlock the extension the browser steals focus from the extension leading to inadvertently entering my master password into whatever form field is available on the browser. The extension master password entry dialog remains open and it isn't apparent the browser has stolen focus so the password is entered on the page. To avoid this I have to wait several seconds and click the password entry field to make sure I am entering the password in the correct location. This does not occur in any fashion when I am using Chrome or Safari on my macs.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro V1607 Build 14393.187
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How do I stop the Chrome browser from stealing focus after I click to open the extension?

Comments

• Hi @ZaneyGuy,

Thanks for writing in.
    The issue you're mentioning is something we've been working to fix for 1Password 6 for Windows but it hasn't been an issue with 1Password 4. I tried to reproduce this on my end (two different Windows systems) and couldn't.

Can you please tell us which anti-malware software you're using and which extensions you use in Chrome?

Thanks!

• ZaneyGuy
    ZaneyGuy
    Community Member

Hi Alex,

Thank you for looking into this. I am currently using, the latest version of Windows Defender, HitmanPro.Alert 3.5.3 build 562 and Malwarebytes v 2.2.1.1043.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ZaneyGuy: Hmm. Something strange is definitely going on here. When the 1Password Master Password prompt in the browser is not focused, it is dismissed, so I'm not even able to intentionally reproduce this behaviour. Please try disabling HM and MB, restarting Windows, and see if the problem goes away (I'm using WD myself, so that's likely not involved). Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.