Browser extension issues

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Firefox - looking for the 1Password helper.

Comments

• Flashbax
    Flashbax
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Same for me, tried uninstalling and reinstalling again with no luck.
    Windows 10, Firefox 49.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flashbax: I'm sorry to hear that! Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the 1Password and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, do you have "security" software that might be preventing 1Password from connecting to the browser? Thanks in advance! :)

• Flashbax
    Flashbax
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I'm using Disconnect and AdBlock. Version of extension is 4.5.9.
    Any page, When I click the icon, a new tab opens and stays without changing, with the text "Looking for the 1Password helper". The 1password mini browser never appears. No problem with Chrome.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hey @Flashbax, let's first make sure that the browser was able to connect to 1Password 6. If you go to Settings > Options > Browsers

If you see your browser listed, then connection is made successfully. If there is no browser listed, then connection most likely was refused and we need to look more closely at your logs and find out what's causing the problem.

To get logs type /log in search box after you tried to fill, then copy logs and send them to support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com please. We will investigate specific details. Thank you!

• Flashbax
    Flashbax
    Community Member
    Options

Browser seems connected, I'm sending the log.
    Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Flashbax: Ah, got it. I hope you don't mind, but since you're using the stable version of 1Password 4 rather than the beta app as the other user was, I've split you off into a separate discussion in the general Windows category of the forums.

To be clear, 1Password 4 doesn't have a list of connect browsers; those are just links to install the extensions. I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: XPH-95147-756

This discussion has been closed.