Longer than 1 hour for auto-lock [Coming soon]

Options
rickwheeler
rickwheeler
Community Member

Since migrating to the v6 windows beta, I am constantly being asked for my master password. I sit at my desk all day and it seems that every time I try to use the Chrome browser extension for a password, I have to enter my master password again! Very frustrating and given that I'm the only one at my desk for the entire work day I don't see why this is necessary? The old version (4) used to be much friendlier than this and it has become a major pain and very unsatisfactory.

1Password Version: Windows 6 beta
Extension Version: 4.6.0.8
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto-lock

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @rickwheeler,

The current beta build doesn't reset the auto-lock timer when you use 1Password mini, that's why it is locking more often. It only resets when you use the main 1Password window.

However, stay tuned as this has been overhauled completely in the current internal builds and it will be much better soon.

If you feel you don't need the auto-lock timer, you can turn it off. The app does offer never on one of the time options.

• rickwheeler
    rickwheeler
    Community Member
    Options

Ok thanks Mike that will do for now. I'll look forward to the next release :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Me too! And thanks for participating in the beta! Keep the feedback coming! :)

This discussion has been closed.