Feature Request: View All Vaults by Account

Options

Forgive me if this is somehow already possible, but it would be incredibly useful to have per-account "All Vaults" views in order to search for an item across all vaults within a specific team/family.

I have logins for many of the same sites, for example, in both my work and family 1Password accounts. I search within "All Vaults" when I (often) don't know which vault contains the item I need, but it would be ideal to be able to specify "All Vaults" within my work or family 1Password account, or "All Vaults" within all of my 1Password accounts.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: macOS 10.12.0
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @lucascantor! Thanks for the suggestion. That's an interesting idea. It sounds like something that would be similar to what you're looking for is the vault name, color, or something that would help you determine where that item is from when in All Vaults mode. Because if there was an All Vaults view per account (or an "All Account Vaults" view) the issue of not knowing which item is which would still be around. So perhaps you're looking for something similar to what we do on 1Password.com?

In the web app, the vault icons help determine which vault an item is in. What do you think? :)

• lucascantor
    lucascantor
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the follow up @Jacob

Vault icons and names are definitely useful for showing which vaults similarly named items belong to at a glance, but I still feel that an "All Account Vaults" view would be helpful in a different sense.

My use case would be: while I'm at work, I want to be able to search across all vaults without having to worry about seeing a personal item from my family account as a result, and vice versa. Maybe this is a niche requirement, but I wish I could separate my accounts more easily.

• @lucascantor Good to know! I'll pass that feedback along. :) Thanks for posting about it.

This discussion has been closed.