Old data being used in the Safari 5.1 extension

hi,

i use safari 5.1 and 1password for mac.
i changed the master password at 1password. the extension has still the old master password. i wonder why?
i already deinstalled and installed the extension and started the browser and 1password again. still the same bug (or is it a feature?). ;)
how do i change the "master" password at the extension?

greetings from germany

fab

Comments

  • roustemroustem AgileBits Founder

    Team Member
    I have an idea. Please try to create and save a new item in 1Password (a new Secure Note, for example).

    That should force 1Password to sync its data with the Safari extension.

    Let me know how it turns out for you.
  • Hey there...I have the same problem. I tried the course of action you suggested but it didn't work. :(

    Please advise.
  • roustemroustem AgileBits Founder

    Team Member

    Hey there...I have the same problem. I tried the course of action you suggested but it didn't work. :(

    Please advise.


    Can you still unlock 1Password in Safari with the old password?
  • Hi,

    I have the same problem. I changed my master password but Safari keeps asking for the old one. Firefox and Chrome extensions work fine.

    I tried to delete and reinstall the extension and create new items in 1password but with no success...

    The worst part is that the Safari extension is still working with the old password and is able to see the new items i added...

    I thought the logins and passwords were encrypted using the master password, so why can i see my passwords with 2 master passwords ?

    How do i fix this please ?
  • roustem wrote:

    Can you still unlock 1Password in Safari with the old password?


    Yes I can.
  • I found a solution...

    1. Safari -> Preferences -> Extensions -> 1password -> Uninstall
    2. Safari -> Reset Safari (I checked all boxes)
    3. 1password -> Preferences -> Browsers -> Install Safari Extension
  • Hi ho

    Using Lion and latest 1P and Safari

    I've only noticed this on one site but Safari/1P is trying to access a site that I changed the password for in December 2010. So it's bringing up the old password.

    No Problem with FF 5.0.1

    I've uninstalled the extension and Cmd/Opt/Q out of Safari but nothing works.

    This password is 24 chars and that's the only thing that I can think of that may be causing this anomaly.

    Just a point of information really, I don't generally use Safari (mentioned in another post) but thought I'd give it a go.

    Have lovely days.

    C
  • khadkhad Social Choreographer

    Team Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the update, ShamaZ! I'm glad things are working well for you.

    If you reinstall the extension, does that also work for you, Jack?

    Catcher, it sounds like restarting the agent may help (along with clearing 1Password's cache). I can't imagine how data from half a year ago would be showing up in the new extension which didn't exist at that time, though. In 1Password:

    Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache
    Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent

    You will need to be running the latest beta version of 1Password to perform that second command. Are you certain that the information is not present in the mail 1Password application?

    Please let me know.

    Thanks!
  • CatcherCatcher
    edited July 2011
    khad wrote:



    Catcher, it sounds like restarting the agent may help (along with clearing 1Password's cache). i can't imagine how data from half a year ago would be showing up in the new extension which didn't exist at that time, though. In 1Password:

    Help > Troubleshooting > Clear Cache
    Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent

    You will need to be running the latest beta version of 1Password to perform that second command. Are you certain that the information is not present in the mail 1Password application?

    Please let me know.

    Thanks!


    Ah I'm going to be of little help here :( I looked in 'all fields' and the old password was showing there. I deleted the field and now it works fine. Problem is I didn't make a note of the field name /slap

    But as I said I was having no problem with FF. Anyway problem solved even if I'm not exactly sure how.
  • brentybrenty

    Team Member
    Catcher wrote:

    Ah I'm going to be of little help here :( I looked in 'all fields' and the old password was showing there. I deleted the field and now it works fine. Problem is I didn't make a note of the field name /slap

    But as I said I was having no problem with FF. Anyway problem solved even if I'm not exactly sure how.


    Thanks for the update! I am glad it is working for you. If you run into something like this again, be sure you let us know as much information as possible so that we can figure out if we need to fix something. :)
  • CatcherCatcher
    edited July 2011
    brenty wrote:

    Thanks for the update! I am glad it is working for you. If you run into something like this again, be sure you let us know as much information as possible so that we can figure out if we need to fix something. :)


    Well you probably need to fix my brain to stop me being such a twonk.
  • brentybrenty

    Team Member
    Catcher wrote:

    Well you probably need to fix my brain to stop me being such a twonk.


    We will see what we can do. But first we need to get the proper hooks in place and...well, you know how it is. ;)
This discussion has been closed.