'Account number', 'Username' and 'Password' fields...

Options

I have two sites which I regularly sign into which both use 'Account number', 'Username' and 'Password' fields (all on the same page, in both cases).

One of them (http://store.midwich.com/auth/login) behaves really well, and the other (http://www.techdata.co.uk/) refuses to work properly with 1Password. On the face of it, they're identical -- but on the second one, 1PW never fills the account number, even though it's listed in "Show web form details", and all the correct data are there in the right order.

It's as if 1PW is just ignoring that field on the page. I've tried every procedure I can think of ('Save new login', etc.) with both Firefox & Safari -- no go. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.5.9 & 4.5.8
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: n/a
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:multiple login field, kb:undefined, kb-search:multiple fields

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MarkEJ

Thank you for taking some time to contact us. I'm going to move your question to our "Saving and Filling in Browsers" category so the right people will be able to see it and help you better, I hope you don't mind. Thank you for giving us the details about your configuration, we can help you so much better that way :chuffed:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016
    Options

Hi @MarkEJ,

So I took a peek and was able to reproduce on the first attempt, it does indeed only fill two of the three fields. The question becomes why.

So I delved a bit deeper and to me it seems as if there is a bug somewhere in our code when the Login item is saved. After picking it apart I was able to tweak the saved Login item (in a manner we would never expect anybody to do) and the modified Login item works! So basically corrected what I thought was a bug and then filling successfully filled all three fields. I think the easiest way to get you a copy of this modified item so you can fill on this site straight away is to use the following trick.

{
      "URLs": [
        {
          "overview": {
            "label": "website", 
            "url": "http://www.techdata.co.uk/Pages/Start.aspx?Culture=en-GB&corpregionid=14&REDIR=1"
          }
        }, 
        {
            "label": "website", 
            "url": "https://intouch.techdata.com/default.aspx?Logout=&countrycode=14&CssStyleSheet=UKMarketingPortal.css&Culture=en-GB&CookiesDays=-2573"
          }
        }
      ], 
      "categoryUUID": "001", 
      "createdAt": 1474996536, 
      "details": {
        "backupKeys": [
          "vaVnQLJTe8fFw6PdU71Mm6OaU6I7hfwWg/086dC9gTDjZXoYXWjhE9DQSEiJS6P0QOqQYtRiLWoCav1iTWvV5Q==", 
          "O61HMA+QUR2HfXLjkKRRAWgNFcN2mhH/Q5K4vtLQlvpww69s6VP2yyu8PGw5Ot5TzV6jg1aB2kkcOYZkdMoELQ==", 
          "bkfgJlyoDq7F87ocsbdIArXInIzmM7RyQQeyr/m0FFgIhfVoSeonBU7nIyMssirNJxMyGgZzCBSnnATKWNF92Q=="
        ], 
        "fields": [
          {
            "designation": "username", 
            "id": "txtUserName;opid=__4", 
            "name": "txtUserName", 
            "type": "T", 
            "value": "username"
          }, 
          {
            "id": "txtID;opid=__3", 
            "name": "txtID", 
            "value": "1234567890"
          }, 
          {
            "id": "txtDupPassword;opid=__5", 
            "name": "txtDupPassword", 
            "value": "Password"
          }, 
          {
            "designation": "password", 
            "id": "txtPassword;opid=__6", 
            "name": "txtPassword", 
            "type": "P", 
            "value": "password"
          }, 
          {
            "id": "btnImgSubmit;opid=__7", 
            "name": "btnImgSubmit", 
            "type": "I", 
            "value": "LOG IN"
          }, 
          {
            "id": "btnSubmit;opid=__8", 
            "name": "btnSubmit", 
            "value": "LOG IN"
          }, 
          {
            "id": "btnReset;opid=__9", 
            "name": "btnReset", 
            "value": "Reset"
          }
        ], 
        "htmlForm": {
          "htmlMethod": "LB1"
        }
      }, 
        "ainfo": "username", 
        "autosubmit": "never", 
        "ps": 1, 
        "title": "Tech Data", 
        "url": "http://www.techdata.co.uk/Pages/Start.aspx?Culture=en-GB&corpregionid=14&REDIR=1"
      }, 
      "sectionName": "T", 
      "updatedAt": 1474996536, 
      "uuid": "8F776D8E31664B9BA84C6BE322CE1514"
    }

What I would like you to is select all of that text and copy it to the OS X clipboard. Now switch to 1Password and if you look in the File menu you should see an option titled New Item from Clipboard. Select this option and it will create a new item based on that text.

The Login item will need modified once in your vault. As you can see I've used template values for the three fields. What I would recommend doing is changing the username and password via the visible fields at the top of the Login item. That will just leave the account number field which I've set to 1234567890 and you will need to enter the web form details to alter.

With the three fields set to your real information you should hopefully find the Login item correctly fills. Out of habit I set my test Login items to never submit so if you want it to submit after filling you just need to return the submit option back to the default which is Submit when enabled.

Sorry about all of this and please do let us know how things go. Meanwhile I will submit a bug report based on my findings.

ref: BRAIN-307

• MarkEJ
    MarkEJ
    Community Member
    Options

littlebobbytables;

Now THAT'S what I call support.

Clear, thorough and best of all, you actually read the description of the problem, and answered it (as opposed to answering a different problem -- which is what normally happens in this situation). Of course, you had to have the knowledge and background to answer it, and be sufficiently grounded in the real world to communicate it -- but as a user, one takes all that for granted, and frequently things don't happen that way, so this is refreshing.

And yes -- solution worked flawlessly. Many thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of lil bobby, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. I'm also proud to know him!

It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.