Item search doesn't work (for first part of title)

Options

When I search in the Windows version of the application, it doesn't work for the first part of the title. e.g. if the title of an item is 'Skype Ant' and I type 'Skype' into the search field this item will not be listed in the search results. However if I had an item with the title 'Hello Skype' then that would show up. A search for 'Ant' would show the first item I mentioned.

The problem is only when the search matches the start of the title string!

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.6.0.604
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SpaceshipEatingCat: This is really odd. I wasn't able to reproduce this myself either in the main 1Password 4 app or the browser extension, so there must be some information we're missing. For example, when I type "google", I get the following results:

Google Voice
    Google Apps
    Not a Google Account (don't ask :lol: )
    Gmail

And a lot of other similar results. Based on your description, I'd expect to only have the last two show up in search results (because neither begin with "google", and the latter only has "google" in the URL).

Can you tell me if you're using the OPVault or AgileKeychain vault format? And since you listed "Dropbox" as your sync method, which other versions of 1Password are you using? I wonder if it's something specific to the items in your example. Can you try the same with "google" like I did (or another term likely to produce comparable results)? Thanks in advance! :)

• SpaceshipEatingCat
    Options

Hi

It's fixed. There was an issue with 1Password syncing the first time with Dropbox. Dropbox had a green tick on the 1Password vault before I pointed 1Password at it. 1Password didn't complain about the sync.

When I told 1Password to forget that vault, and then reconnected 1Password to it, the problem went away.

So the real issue that needs looking at is the Dropbox sync, the first time it happens in Windows 10, with that version of 1Password. I suppose this issue could be Windows, Dropbox or 1Password! So might be difficult to reproduce.

Thanks
    Mike

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SpaceshipEatingCat: Very odd indeed. We'll take a closer look at that, and be sure to let us know if you encounter any further issues. Since 1Password for Windows version 4 works directly with the vault on disk though, there may have just been some delay between when Dropbox downloaded everything to when it finished writing the files (and therefore 1Password reading the changes). Glad to hear it's working for you now. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.