The rich icon for synology.com went away!

smallcheese
smallcheese
Community Member

You used to provide a nice icon for this domain but it seems to have been deleted and I now only have the favicon :(

Could you get it back so I don't have to upload a custom image for this domain? I try to keep custom icons to a minimum!

Cheers!
Tom

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey Tom, aka @smallcheese. :)

Is this the icon you're currently seeing?

Looks like that's what our rich icon server is providing now. Do you have a URL or an image for one you'd prefer? I'll find out if we're able to replace the "bland" one with it. Thanks!

• smallcheese
    smallcheese
    Community Member

Yeah that's what I'm seeing. There used to be one which said "Syno". In the absence of the original their twitter image works well.

Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2016

Presumably you mean this Twitter image:

Also bland but at least you'd see full name instead of just Syno. ;)

I'll pass along your request to folks responsible for rich icon updates here. Thanks again, Tom!

ref: AGW-327

• Smudge
    Smudge
    Community Member

Here are the links to their icon/images for your rich icon team to use.

However, due to the size and shape of the 1P icons, perhaps you should use the Touch Icons instead.

Rick mentioned that 60pt is used for regular icons (64pt for software license icons) so perhaps the 57x57 for normal DPI and 120x120 for Retina DPI.

Hope this helps

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Smudge

Thank you for the extra details and links that you've given us. We've filed them and we'll update this when we get a chance!

ref: AGW-327

This discussion has been closed.