1password hangs when I unlock it in safari

Options
yood
yood
Community Member

1Password keeps hanging when I try to unlock it to enter a password in Safari. It just sits there until I force quit it. So to get the password, I go open the 1password the app and find that I can't unlock that either. This is very scary for me as I won't be able to do anything without 1password.

The only way to fix it is to force quit 1password mini from the Activity Monitor and reopen all of my browsers. I'm tired of doing this several times a day.

I'm using "1Password 6 Version 6.3.3 (633001)" AgileBits Store with 1password for teams

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12
Sync Type: 1Password for Teams
Referrer: forum-search:1password hangs when unlocking mac

Comments

• vee
    vee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @yood,

Personally, if I were running into that issue, I'd email a Diagnostics Report to 1Password's support team so they can take a closer look at what's going wrong on your Mac and give you specific steps to fix it based on what the report indicates. Someone from their lovely support team tends to reply with personal, helpful responses within 24 hours or so. :)

• yood
    yood
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I used to do that too, and they are nice, and software is hard (I know, I make it too!). But it's just frustrating that the main use case, accessing my passwords, fails so noticeably for so long.

Back to sending them the diagnostics.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @yood

I'm very sorry to hear that you bumped into some trouble with 1Password, and I can very well see how it can be scary! As vee suggest a Diagnostics Report is the best way to sort this out now :chuffed: We'll be waiting for it so we can help you get 1Password back on its feet!

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.