1Password icon flashes on startup when it is pinned to taskbar in build #245

pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member

Hi, I have pinned the 1Password 6 app to my taskbar by right-clicking on the 1Password app in my Windows 10 start menu, selecting "More", then "Pin to taskbar". I've also selected the option to start 1Password automatically when I sign into Windows.

I've just noticed, upon upgrading to build #245 that starting with this version, on startup, the 1Password icon becomes active and flashes for about 10 seconds, when the app is pinned. Once it stops flashing, the taskbar icon is still active (see pic).

I believe this behaviour was introduced when "Removed the “minimize to notification area” option." was changed in the current beta. However, I think it would be better for those of us who pin the app to the taskbar, if it could be fixed so it doesn't flash and become active on startup. (Edit: I've just tried unpinning the app, and the app also displays the same behaviour on login).

Many thanks, Paul

1Password Version: 6.0.245d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Anniversary x64
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2016

Hi @pbryanw,

Thanks for letting us know, we've already have this on the list and it will be addressed in a future update. We had to make some changes to stop opening up the main 1Password window when it auto-locks in the background and this is the side effect.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member

@MikeT - Thank you for the explanation of why this is happening - will look forward to this being fixed in a future update - thanks again :+1:

• You're welcome!

• Hi @pbryanw,

This should be addressed now in the latest update, 252d. Let us know if you see anything now.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@MikeT - Thanks for bringing the new beta to my attention - I admit this problem was beginning to annoy me.

I'm happy to report the flashing taskbar icon has been fixed in the latest 252d beta :+1: I'm also glad that the 1Password window no longer shows for 1-2 seconds on login, which I think I also reported a short time ago :+1:

Many thanks to your team for fixing both this problems promptly - thanks again :chuffed:

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

on behalf of Mike, thank you @pbryanw!

This discussion has been closed.