Cannot Link To Dropbox Vault With 1Password Password Manager v6.4.1 and Android 6.0.1

Options
hello_world
hello_world
Community Member

Hi, my old Android phone (Android v.5.1) uses 1Password Password Manager (v. 4.3) and it had an option to connect to the vault I stored on Dropbox.

My new Android phone (Android v.6.0.1) uses 1Password Password Manager (v. 6.4.1) and I cannot find the same option to connect to the vault on Dropbox. Instead I see instructions to use the new subscription service.

Can you help me with instructions to be able to connect the new phone to the vault on Dropbox?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JeremyNorman
    JeremyNorman
    Community Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I am also having this issue. I want to stick with Dropbox syncing because the new Windows 10 app doesn't have a browser extension to autofill. I find it strange that the user guide still has instructions on how to set up Dropbox if that feature has been removed. I also don't understand why you would remove a working feature on the Android version. I need the Dropbox functionality to be able to keep my computer and my phone vaults in sync until browser extensions are implemented in the Windows 10 version.

• Hi @hello_world and @JeremyNorman. If you are both going through the setup on a new device, launch 1Password and tap USE WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT. You'll see the option to sync with your Dropbox vault or another sync method on the next screen.

That said, there is indeed browser extension support for our 1Password 6 for Windows beta app. Just make sure you're using the latest version of the app, and you should be able to save and fill just fine. :)

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.