Owned 1password (V4.x)from the beginning. Can I still get upgrades now you have subscription service

dprbdprb Junior Member

Owned 1password (V4.x) from the beginning. Can I still get upgrades now you have subscription service?

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OX 10.9.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Owned 1password (V4.x)from the beginning. Can I still get upgrades now you have subscription service

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

Up to 1PW6 it's a free upgrade.

1PW7 may be a paid upgrade (my guess is that it will be, but that is just a user's guess). With the subscription, no extra payment (beyond the subscription itself) will be needed.

• khadkhad Social Choreographer

Team Member

Hi @dprb,

Thanks for your longtime support!

While you are running OS X Mavericks, you won't be able to upgrade to any newer versions of 1Password. But, as danco mentioned, if you do upgrade your mac to OS X Yosemite or later, you'll have 1Password 6 waiting for you as a free update.

As danco also mentioned, future versions (1Password 7, for example) are included with all subscription plans, but there will be a way for folks without subscriptions to get the upgrade as well. We don't have all the details worked out, so it's premature to discuss it. But we have a long history of treating everyone fairly. :)

This discussion has been closed.