1password 3/yosemite

Hello all,

Well of course I have been frustrated but will try to skip all that and go straight to the point.

My friend originally purchased 1P license when it fist came out and gifted me the access thru his family account.

All was good until the last updated to Yosemite.
Not sure what version I have running right now since I can't not even one the application, it keeps asking me to add the Data File but I can't find the Data File...
Library is apparently hidden on Yosemite but I was able to find it and go to "Application Support" and found 2 folders:
one is "1 password" and the other one is "1 password 4"
In "1password" folder I found "Data", "Backups" and "Extensions".
In "1password4" folder I found "b5pendingfileupload" and "Data"

What am I supposed to do in order to have my logins back?
If I open 1Password it acts like I never used it and asks me to setup the data file.
"New Data File" and "Find Existing"
(I tried locating the agile key chain but it's just not showing...)

I don't use Dropbox. Just Time Machine.

PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE :) I sent an email to agile support few days ago but I guess this is going to be faster?!

1Password Version: 3, 3.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite 10
Sync Type: Time Machine

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@theapplejuice: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry for the delay. We try to respond to messages in the order in which they are received. I was about to reply to your email, but figured it might be better to reply here in case it can help others too.

Even if you've moved or removed your 1Password vault, you should have backups of your data, which 1Password saves automatically (unless this is a new computer, or you're starting over somewhat). The "1Password" folder in Application Support is for 1Password 3 and earlier; "1Password 4" is for 1Password 4 and later. So it sounds like you must have used a newer version at some point. That makes me wonder which one might have the most current data, but it at least gives us a starting point.

In ~/Library/Application Support/1Password/ (you can just paste this path into Finder's Go > Fo to Folder prompt), drag the Backups folder to your desktop. When you open it, you should see a bunch of dated files named .agilekeychain_zip. These are your backups from 1Password 3. Rename Backups to something else. Maybe Backups3?

Next, for good measure, go to ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/, drag the Backups folder to your desktop and rename it as well. When you open it, you should see a bunch of dated files named .1p4_zip. These are your backups from 1Password 4 or later. Select the newest one here and let me know its date and the date of the newest 1Password 3 backup you found. However, based on your description, it sounds like you may not have backups there, and perhaps never really used a newer version. But I prefer to leave nothing to chance.

Grab the newest 1Password 3 backup, rename it to end in .zip, and double-click it to extract the vault. You can open this in any version of 1Password. I'm not confident that this will be the right vault, but it's something.

If you're still having trouble after this, please generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine where things are:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you.

ref: CZM-68223-993

• theapplejuice
    theapplejuice
    Community Member

@brenty THANK YOU SO MUCH! I think I got it! THANK YOU!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're totally welcome! Have a great weekend. We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.