HOW to SYNC "WIN7 PC without Dropbox" with iPad and iPhone

Options
andchan
andchan
Community Member

Hi,

I hope my Q is not redundant. I've searched a lot, but not found the clear A to my problem yet.

I have a company WIN7 notebook where DROPBOX cannot be installed local due to security reason.
Have installed 1Password 4.6.0.604 on the WIN7 notebook.
I cannot install the DROPBOX on my WIN7 locally.
I have a DROPBOX account.

Q1:
I want to SYNC the WIN7 notebook with my iPad and my iPhone.
iPad and iPhone have both have installed the DROPBOX app.

backup alternative:
make WIN7 the master of the 2 vaults and iPad and iPhone the slave to receive the 2 vaults

Q2:
is there a solution for following family configuration:

Father:
WIN7 without Dropbox local
iPad
iPhone

Mother:
MacBook Air
iPhone
iPad

Daughter:
MacBook Air
iPhone
iPad

I've selected 1Password with lot of efforts, but never thought that my "WIN7 w/o Dropbox" can make such a difficulty for easy SYNC.

Would appreciate your kind suggestions.

BR from Germany,
Andreas

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@andchan: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry for the confusion! When syncing via WLAN Server, there is no "master" or "slave". We try to avoid classism. ;)

But more to the point, WLAN Server syncs between a single computer (the server) and one or more mobile devices (as clients). It is not possible to sync between computers using this method.

And ultimately if you're trying to sync/share between multiple family members and their various devices, you may also want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps and do away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

In particular, this does not require separate software (apart from 1Password itself) to be installed, can be accessed through 1Password.com in your browser if needed, and you can share vaults with every member of your family or only with certain ones as needed.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.