pandora url does not work???

triaccjp
triaccjp
Community Member

When i try to login i get a "Failed to load page, unsupported url" message???

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pandora url does not work?????

Comments

• Hi @triaccjp

Thanks for taking the time to write in. What do you have saved in the website field(s) for your Pandora login?

Ben

• triaccjp
    triaccjp
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks for responding. When i initiate thewebsite i get the next panel with the required email id and password filled in. When i hit "sign in" i get the "Failed to load page, unsupported url" message.

The url is https://www.pandora.com/login

• triaccjp
    triaccjp
    Community Member

BTW, My ID is my email address. Both the ID and the password are entered in the initial login page of 1Password.

• triaccjp
    triaccjp
    Community Member

Also, i did not mention that i am using Apple 6+ iPhone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@triaccjp: Sorry for the confusion! The Pandora website (still?!) requires Adobe Flash, and iOS and Mobile Safari (and therefore 1Password) do not support plugins like this. You'll need to either use the Pandora iOS app or a desktop browser with Flash installed to access the website. I hope this helps!

• triaccjp
    triaccjp
    Community Member

Brenton
    Thanks for solving the mystery. I do have the Pandora Apple app on my iPhone and use it regularly. I was hoping I could use 1Password for all of my passwords so that I did not have to remember them. I also have a similar problem with my Citibank account. I have the iPhone app but 1Password does not allow it.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

I also have a similar problem with my Citibank account. I have the iPhone app but 1Password does not allow it.

Do you mean that the 1Browser inside 1Password can't log in to your Citibank account, that you can't automatically fill the data in the Citibank app, or that you're having problems saving the login?

In any case, if you have the apps installed on your phone you can still use 1Password, it's just a little more cumbersome. Just select the login you want to use, copy the password, then switch to the app you're signing in to. Double-tap the input field (or long-press it) and an option to paste the password will appear. It's not elegant but it at least gets the job done!

Unfortunately we can't control outside websites or apps. We do our best to work with both, but sometimes it isn't feasible because a site still requires a plugin (like Pandora) or because the other apps haven't built in support for 1Password. C'est la vie! 8-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@triaccjp: Indeed, Citi's website is not particularly mobile-friendly, so I use their app on my iPhone myself. Additionally, while you can certainly use 1Password to store all of this information so you don't have to remember it, it isn't always possible to have 1Password fill it for you. :(

While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste. But copying and pasting is still much better than memorizing or using weak passwords! And in the case of Citi, at least they support Touch ID. :tongue:

However, we have a website devoted to the 1Password extension for developers, so be sure to let them know you'd like them to add support for it and point them in our direction. We're always happy to help them join the ranks of apps that support the 1Password iOS extension. Cheers! :)

• triaccjp
    triaccjp
    Community Member

Brenton
    Many thanks for the interest in helping me ramp up to know and understand 1Password and how it functions.
    It's a learning process and I am still on the steep part of the learning curve. :) That said I am a persistent person and will carry-on.
    Cheers
    Costco, Joe

• Thanks for the update Joe. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• triaccjp
    triaccjp
    Community Member

Thanks again, You Da' Man!!!
    I'm sure that i will be knocking at your door again!! :)

Costco Joe

PS: how do i place my picture in here?

• Joe:

You can upload an avatar here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/profile/picture/triaccjp

Thanks for the kind words! :+1: :)

Ben

• spopar
    spopar
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Ben, I am having the same problem but your solution does not help. It doesn't matter whether I try to access Pandora via 1 Password or directly through Safari. I have the Pandora app on my phone and I keep getting the message that the URL is unsupported..check internet connection . My connection is fine. This just began yesterday. Does it have anything to do with recent iOS updates? I pay for a Pandora premium membership. Have never had a problem. My phone is a 6.

Thank you in advance,
    Ieva

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@spopar: Sorry for the confusion! Ben's comments were addressing the question of forum avatars. Please see my earlier post for information about Pandora. You'll need to use the app, and copy and paste your password. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• spopar
    spopar
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

@brenty Thanks brenty, my comments were meant for you, not Ben, and I did read your earlier post before asking for help. However, for anyone else having problems with Pandora since the iOS updates, I deleted and reinstalled the app and it appears to have solved whatever issue was causing the failure.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear you were able to solve the problem you were running into with the Pandora app!

If you need any help with 1Password, please be sure to let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.