Cannot open 1Password in the current version of Firefox (49.0.1)

I'm running 1 password on a windows 7 CPU both Windows and Firefox are completely updated. I have discovered that if i open 1password in Chrome and swap back to Firefox 1 password is then accessible. It is most inconvenient to have to use another browser to open 1password.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.9
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot open 1Password in the current version of Firefox (49.0.1)

Comments

• Hello Nail,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us with your issue.

Wait, do you mean that you can't activate the 1Password browser extension in Firefox unless you opened and unlocked it in Chrome first?
    That is something I honestly haven't hear of before. Can you please tell us which anti-malware software you're using and which add-ons you use in Firefox (if it's something you're willing to share in a public forum).

Thanks,

Alex

• Nail
    Nail
    Community Member

Hello Alex

I'm using McAfee Endpoint Security 10.2 (but of course it applies to both Firefox and Chrome browsers).

The only extensions I have is the 1Password and Dragon web extension (voice to text software) McAfee End Point Security Control is there but currently disabled to try and get 1password to work.

It makes no difference if the End Point is enabled or not i cannot login Password from Firefox only from Chrome, then have to switch back to Firefox in which case if find I'm logged into password on Firefox

Thanks
    Nail

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Nail: Ah, I think I understand. Thanks for clarifying. Please let me know if this is correct (with any additions/subtractions):

1. In Firefox, you are not able to access the 1Password unlock prompt (where you enter the Master Password). Let me know what happens — if this is simply not showing up at all — when you click the 1Password button or press Ctrl \.
    2. In Chrome, you can bring up 1Password to unlock using your Master Password.
    3. Then, when you return to Firefox, 1Password is accessible via the mouse or keyboard.

If so, like Alex, this is the first time I have heard of such a strange thing. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having there! It sounds like you've disabled the McAffee extension in Firefox, but please also try disabling the McAffee software temporarily as well to see if that helps. It definitely sounds like something is preventing 1Password from communicating with Firefox, even if it is not doing the same for Chrome.

Also, if you unlock the main 1Password app first, are you able to access 1Password in Firefox? If you're still having trouble with this, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'.

Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.