To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to delete 1password.com account so I can sync with dropbox

tistheseason
tistheseason
Community Member

Having trouble syncing with dropbox so in looking for help went to agilebits website and it said click here for easiest way to sync across all platforms. So I clicked and it said I needed to create an account with 1password.com, so I did that. Then I realized it was a subscription service which I do not want so now I have a second vault called personal and the primary account. So all my stuff is in personal vault but when I go to sync with dropbox it only allows me to sync with my primary vault. Please advise on how to sync using dropbox when it only gives me primary vault as an option to sync? Need to sync with iphone ios10, imac and win pc.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: 4.6.1.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Primary vault vs personal vault Dropbox sync

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tistheseason

I'm sorry about the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it can be used and synced. First of all you need to move all your data back into your Primary vault. You can do so by following the same steps as you did to move it into personal, just start in Personal and move it all to Primary :chuffed:

Once that's done you can set up Dropbox sync again. If you bump into any trouble while setting up Dropbox sync please let us know the details of what's going on so we can help you sort them out!

If you want to remove your account from your Mac you can do so by going to Preferences in 1Password and then choose "Accounts" and sign out. You can remove your account from the rest of your devices similarly in Settings.

Please let us know how all this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.