To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why can't you pick up a phone and help a customer?

Options
bnmotion
bnmotion
Community Member

Goodbye! Here's my last email to support.

I give up. You should tell by now that I'm absolutely desperate for a helping hand.

Tried everything, spent two hours this morning trying everything I can.

I'm not incompetent. I've worked in software for 20 years. That said I may still be missing something obvious..I get it.

But after a sincere effort and begging for a phone call I don't understand how this is called customer service. I deal with tough customers everyday so I understand your plight..but also based on the effort I put into helping them..don't get it.

I'm exporting everything now to move back to SplashID..obviously not a worry to you all...just one less customer and meaningless subscription I guess.

In the mean-time out of desperation I tweeted Chief Eliminator of Obstacles, Jeff Shiner but don't hope for much there even given his title.

This is really his problem because obviously he has put a policy in place to severely discourage your support team to pick up a phone.

Really disappointed in this company.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hi @bnmotion,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble. It appears Rob has been working with you via email, and we'll be happy to continue the conversation there. We'll be in touch soon.

Ben

ref: MAC-74463-357

• bnmotion
    bnmotion
    Community Member
    Options

Continue the conversation there? Meaning in email? Are you kidding me? Did you read what I posted. If that is the case don't bother. Hate to be so direct but if that is what you are saying I'm flabbergasted.

• Ben
    Options

What I mean is contacting us with the exact same message via multiple communications methods only slows down the support process for everyone. Rather than carry on multiple different conversations with multiple reps via different avenues we'll follow up based on your email.

I understand you are frustrated with the situation and I've reached out to the most appropriate resources to help you move forward. They'll be in touch soon.

Thanks.

Ben

• bnmotion
    bnmotion
    Community Member
    Options

The reason I reached out on another channel was because after trying to escalate with the person I was speaking with, the conversation paused noticably when I insisted I needed a phone call. I expressed the urgency and that I had tried everything that was suggested by support and on my own before I even mailed support.

You keep saying that email support is better for everyone but I really think you should say it's better for your company and your bottom line but not necessarily the customer.

I understand pushing back on phone support abuse but this was not the case.

• bnmotion
    bnmotion
    Community Member
    Options

I know this isn't your front line folks policy but management needs to empower folks to make judgment calls.

I know support and it's challenges. I deal with this and have been in companies with small teams (a couple of support folks) and some with worldwide teams.

This system of pushing it back so hard on the customer and then telling them they get better support without any option of a phone call is really insulting to my sensibilities and experience in the same business.

You guys have had my phone number since this began. If you truly cared about my issue, customerd, or even just eanted silence this nonsense, you would have stopped this thread, picked the phone and reached out. But here we are. Still in virtual land.

To be fair you did eventually half heartedly reach with an offer to schedule a call but no thanks.

• bnmotion
    bnmotion
    Community Member
    Options

One last follow up. To be fair again I just got another more personal email to schedule a call, that I did appreciate. Just 6 hours to late. The urgency is gone.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2016
    Options

We are sorry we weren't able to help you faster. We make every effort to reply to every customer in 24 hours, sometimes much less. I'm sorry we were not able to help you within the time frame you expected. In an ideal world, we would be able to pick up a phone and call anyone instantly, but unfortunately, we are not able to do that. We do our best to help as many customers each day as possible, and are sorry we weren't able to help you as quickly as you'd hoped.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.