Multiple URL support [Coming soon]

Options
jhamer
jhamer
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Will we have the ability to add multiple URLs to the Windows versions? I don't think we can today, or I just can't figure it out. That's a heavily used feature for me.

Also, the URL field shows as "url" on Windows and Android, and "website" on Mac and Web. Are "url" and "website" interchangeable to the point it won't cause sync or login issues between platforms if I create multiple entries manually?

1Password Version: 2016.5.2401d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10 build 14352
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jhamer,

Yes, multiple URLs support is coming in a future beta update along with the ability to use them for filling.

As for the website/URL fields, they're technically the same but website is used for the Login's list of URLs while URL is for adding a custom URL field to any items and it is not used for filling.

We're working on a major overhaul of the item viewer/editor and it will be consistent with the way the Mac/Web apps does it. I'll check in with our Android team to make sure they're consistent with that as well.

• racep
    racep
    Community Member
    Options

Looking forward to this feature. I would really like to use the same login entry for multiple websites. For instance, I travel a lot and use southwest.com and swabiz.com (the business side of southwest) websites to book personal & business travel, respectively. Both use the same login and I have both URLs listed in the windows version of 1Password. However, only the top most URL gets recognized for that login entry, which requires me to search for the entry, copy my password, then go back and paste it.

The feature will be very helpful.

Thanks.
    Race.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@racep: Thanks for letting us know you want this feature too! One caveat, however, is that even with multiple URLs, and unlike people, not all login forms are created equally; it's often necessary to have separate login items because the various sites where they are used are so different. I only mention this to point out that multiple URLs isn't a panacea, even if it is a convenient feature in many cases. Cheers! :)

• ETBrown
    ETBrown
    Community Member
    Options

What is the status of multiple URL support with 1Password 6 Beta for Windows? I transferred several of my logins that were tied to multiple URLs to my Family vault, but I cannot add other websites to new or existing login entries. In general, there does not seem to be an option to add other fields to a login.

• Hi @ETBrown,

1Password 6 can read the multiple-URL data in the Login items itself, so you can use the 1Password.com web app or other versions of 1Password to add extra URL fields.

However, adding more URL fields requires the item editor to support creating new fields, which it doesn't right now. We plan to add this ability in the near future and we don't have a timeframe on this.

This discussion has been closed.