To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sync, Wifi Server, Backup icons not appearing in Preferences

barndoor
barndoor
Community Member

I'm trying to sync with Dropbox, but I don't see the Sync, Wifi server, or Backup icons when I open the Preferences tab. This product was purchased by my company, and they configured it on my laptop, but I can't get it to sync on my desktop. I've opened the binary file from Agilebits in 1Password, and get the "Thank you for supporting 1Password" dialog box, which seems to imply that the product is correctly licensed.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync with dropbox

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @barndoor

It sounds like you started using 1Password with an Account. In order to see the option to Sync you need to go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". Once you've done this the options you mention should appear :chuffed: You can find the instructions to set up Dropbox sync here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Please let us know how this goes for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• barndoor
    barndoor
    Community Member

That did the trick! Thanks so much!!!

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @barndoor

You're very welcome, I'm glad to hear that it's all working now for you. I hope everything goes smoothly for you, but if you need us again we're always here for you :chuffed:

• xolotl
    xolotl
    Community Member

@Pilar: This tidbit you supplied above is one of the most important pieces of info for legacy 1Password users that are now using team/family accounts: In order to see the option to Sync you need to go to Preferences > Advanced and then enable "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts". I had a lot of trouble finding this info until I got to this post, so maybe it should be incorporated into documentation more obviously.

• Thanks for the feedback, @xolotl. We want to avoid confusing folks who are new customers and are using the subscription services, as they are the primary readers of the documentation. But I'll certainly pass the feedback along to our docs team for consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.