Password Font - Change to monospaced & coloured

Ordan77
Ordan77
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

This might already be in the pipeline, but is there any chance you can change the font used for revealed passwords to be a monospaced / fixed-width font, and apply the same colour-coding for symbols / numbers / letters as you use on the iOS versions of the app ... it may sound trivial, but this is an extremely useful feature for complex passwords.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Ordan77 there are two ways to see revealed passwords, one is to click reveal link in line and watch it in regular font/color, just **** replaced with password.

Another way is to user Large Type feature, just click on the line to see it's value in large, colored letters (or use /iddqd to enable Speak button).

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member

I'm assuming this is limited to the Mac version of the software. Is there an option for this in the Windows version? I cannot find it.

• Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

Both the reveal option and the Large Type feature are available in the 1Password for Windows 10 Beta available in the Windows Store. The screenshot you're seeing is the 1Password for Windows 10 app, not a Mac app.

Click on the password field to trigger the Large Type feature or to see the options on the right side to select Reveal option.

In 1Password 6 Beta for Windows, Large Type and colors are not yet implemented but you'd see the reveal option when you click on the password field.

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member

So there is no option for anything below Win 10? Because my main machine is running Windows 7, and my school laptop is on 8.1.

• Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

1Password 6 for Windows will run on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Right now, our current beta for it does not have Large Type or the colors implemented, it's coming in a future beta update.

If you want to try it out, you can find out more here.

• jhamer
    jhamer
    Community Member

I get the "/iddqd" reference - nicely done @SergeyTheAgile ! Where/How do I enter that in the Win10 app? I've tried on various screens but doesn't appear to do anything. Thank you!

• Hi @jhamer,

You enter it in the search bar on top.

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT

• You're welcome.

• By the way, the latest beta build for 1Password 6 for Windows now supports Large Type. Double-click on the password field to trigger it and click on the Large Type view to dismiss it.

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member

I just installed the 1Password 6 beta, and while the large text is nice to have as an option, why can't you simply have the colouring scheme in the main password window?

• MikeT
    edited October 2016

Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

It's in the plans to have it in the details viewer/item editor as well, just easier to color a text string in its own window (Large Type) than to do it in the main UI with various UI components. We'll implement it, just have a lot of stuff we want to implement first.

This discussion has been closed.