To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

New computer need access HELP!

Options

I purchased a license which I have the number. However I have a new computer and I want to install the 1 password google plug in. Everytime I click on it a window opens looking for 1 password helper. I can't seem to get this figured out help please this is so frustrating.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nystromproductions
    nystromproductions
    Community Member
    Options

I try to download 1password but it asks me for account key which I do no have. All I want on this new computer is the chrome extension. Please help

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nystromproductions

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

I purchased a license which I have the number.

Great! In this case you have a license not an account. You won't be able to login to an account because you do not have one. With a license, by default, your data is only stored on the device you've created it on. To access your data on an additional/different device you would need to set up syncing:

How to sync your 1Password data

However I have a new computer and I want to install the 1 password google plug in. Everytime I click on it a window opens looking for 1 password helper. I can't seem to get this figured out help please this is so frustrating.

The 1Password extension does not work independently of the 1Password application. The application is required to use 1Password in your browser. You can download the 1Password application here:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I try to download 1password but it asks me for account key which I do no have. All I want on this new computer is the chrome extension. Please help

Right; as I mentioned above you do not currently have an account. So you'll need to follow the sync guide above, syncing your data from your original device to your new device, to get your data.

I hope that helps! Thanks.

Ben

• nystromproductions
    nystromproductions
    Community Member
    Options

You are the man thanks! Answered my questions and I am up and running Thanks again!

• Very happy to hear that, @nystromproductions! Ben is the man indeed. :lol: We're here if you need us in the future.

This discussion has been closed.