To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do I catagorize my primary vaults?

Vicki1979
Vicki1979
Community Member

I have always just added new passwords to my 1Password and let it go at that. Now I have this LOONG list and it's a pain to scroll through the entire list when looking for an item. I know you have a simpler way...I am not a computer genius, so a "first grade" explanation would be great! Thank you SO much!
Vicki

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I catagorize my primary vaults?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Vicki1979: I've been using 1Password for a long time too, so I can relate. But definitely wouldn't recommend either scrolling through the list or manually organizing things, as both are time consuming and frustrating! While this is necessary in the real world with physical objects like paper documents and file folders, in the digital realm there's a better way: search!

Much like Spotlight makes finding apps and docs fast and easy (⌘ Space is your friend!), 1Password has a great search feature too. You can bring up 1Password anywhere by pressing ⌘ ⌥ \ (Command Option Backslash) and just start typing to search. If you need to do more in depth things like creating and editing information in your vault, just open the main 1Password app and use the search box at the top to narrow the results to just the things you're looking for.

Now, one caveat is that you'll need to have a general idea of what the thing you're looking for is called. But since we get to choose the names of items we create, that isn't insurmountable. I do, however, occasionally find myself searching for something using a different name than what I'd chosen originally. And when I do this, after finally finding the thing, I always edit it to add the term I'd been expecting so it's there for me the next time — and therefore easier to find.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.