Saving 1Password items as 1PIF in the iOS version?

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited September 2016 in iOS

It cannot be done at the moment. I would like to see the ability to do so from 1Password for iOS. I spend more time on iOS nowadays and would like the ability to export logins out of 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion @wkleem! :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2016

@Ben,

Is 1PIF unencrypted? I read it was but forgot now...

Also, I have a Teams account that's currently empty. It would be useful to be able to import 1PIF from 1Password for iOS version. I'm am uncertain how that can be achieved though.

• Is 1PIF unencrypted? I read it was but forgot now...

Yes. Entirely. As such these files should only be stored in secure places, and never on any cloud services.

Also, I have a Teams account that's currently empty. It would be useful to be able to import 1PIF from 1Password for iOS version. I'm am uncertain how that can be achieved though.

There is really no easy way to do it from iOS at the moment. Moving of items on iOS is a one-by-one operation. We'd like to improve that experience, but we're just not there yet unfortunately.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi

I've visited BoxCryptor and there is a new service Whisp.ly which promises end to end encryption to Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive. Will be useful for 1PIF files, up to five at a time, or 1 zip file.

https://whisp.ly/en

• It is probably worth noting that 1Password does not support syncing to BoxCryptor encrypted locations. But yes, you could in theory store 1PIF files in such a spot. I'd probably still recommend keeping them local-only. Their intended use is to sneaker net your 1Password data from one computer to another.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.