Trust in 1Password!!!

toobs
toobs
Community Member
edited October 2016 in Business and Teams

I trust 1Password so much that I even change my email accounts to random generated passwords!!! I now have no idea what is my passwords are. I haven't change my email passwords in decades. I'm trusting your team to keep 1Password running with no holes :).

What are your tips at keeping our keys and master safe?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @toobs

It's really great to hear that you trust 1Password so much :lol: I know how you're feeling, I have not known what any of my passwords are for a very long time now. If I were to forget my Master Password I'd be lost. You can be sure we're always working very hard on our side to make sure 1Password is not only safe and with no holes but better every day!

One of the easiest things to do to make sure you're not left without an Account Key or Master Password is to make sure you print your Emergency Kit (old style, on paper ;) ) and write your Master Password there. You should keep it somewhere safe... like a safe deposit box for example.

Something else that you should do, if you have an iPhone or other device that you can use with your fingerprint, make sure it's set up like that. This way, if you realize you've forgotten your Master Password you are so much more likely to be able to recover your data. I, personally, went as far as storing my Master Password in 1Password for this reason: it's a safety net and if I forget it I might be able to login using my finger, read it and remember it :chuffed:

Finally, specially for your Master Password, the best you can do is practice and repetition. Be sure to type it many many times the first few days. If you practice it enough you end up not only remembering it, but having a but of muscle memory about it on your fingers.

Please let us know what you think about all these :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.