Does the browser extension work for multiple family members?

Andy513
Andy513
Community Member

Hello, I'm in the process of migrating from the license version to the 1Password for families subscription. I transferred all existing the data to the account, no problem. Then created a login for a family member – again, no problem.

But we're having issues with the browser extension (Safari 9.1.3). I can still login with my master password, but my family member's password isn't working with the extension. Can any family member use the browser extension with their master password? Or is that reserved for primary account holder?

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 6.3.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Andy513! I'm sorry for the confusion. The browser extension can only be unlocked with the Master Password that is used to unlock 1Password for Mac, since the extension is essentially a mini version of the main app. For your family member to use the browser extension on the same computer as you, I would recommend creating a separate user account for them. You can quickly switch between users on Mac and with their user, they can sign in to their 1Password account in the app to access their data there. The app doesn't currently support having more than one account from the same family in it.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have some questions about things. :)

This discussion has been closed.