Must Dropbox App Be Installed on Device For 1Password Sync?

pappjo
pappjo
Community Member

My wife and I use Dropbox to sync our 1Password data across our devices since we have separate primary iCloud accounts. That's worked for us with no issues. However we also have the Dropbox app installed on all of our devices. Is the iOS app required to continue syncing the 1Password data across our devices?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@pappjo: The Dropbox client needs to be installed on computers to sync 1Password data, but the 1Password mobile apps do not need this. 1Password will had off to Dropbox for login if it is present, but otherwise 1Password can connect to Dropbox itself if needed. I hope this helps! :)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

Ok, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I were to delete the Dropbox mobile apps from the devices 1Password would still sync between the devices? And for the mac, Dropbox has to be installed for 1Password on it to be able to sync with the other devices?

But if we take my computer out of this completely 1Password would still sync between the mobile devices as long as it has access to a Dropbox account?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ok, I want to make sure I understand this correctly. If I were to delete the Dropbox mobile apps from the devices 1Password would still sync between the devices? And for the mac, Dropbox has to be installed for 1Password on it to be able to sync with the other devices?

@pappjo: Precisely. :)

But if we take my computer out of this completely 1Password would still sync between the mobile devices as long as it has access to a Dropbox account?

Correct! And if you're only using 1Password on mobile devices, you don't need to install the Dropbox app to sync either. The 1Password app itself can connect to Dropbox. Cheers! :)

• pappjo
    pappjo
    Community Member

Thank you!

• You're most welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.