Crash on 1P 6.5Beta1

rainman
rainman
Community Member

I've noticed a repeatable app crash that's present on the last and latest beta. The other crash that I was going to report has been fixed with the latest beta. Steps to reproduce:
-Unlock 1Password for Android
-Search for any item in your vault
-Tap the overflow menu of an an item (would normally reveal trash, star, etc. icons)
-App crashes every time for me

This crash happens whether or not Dropbox sync has completed.

1Password Version: 6.5b1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 7.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

Not crashing for me on Android 6.0.1

• @rainman Thanks for reporting this crash with the latest beta. I followed your instructions and was not able to reproduce the issue on my end. I would like to collect a few more details from you and try again.

1. After 1Password crashes, are you prompted to report the crash? Please tap on the Report button so we can review the logs and determine where in the app it crashes.
    2. Does this happen every time?
    3. Does this happen with a specific item or all items in your vault?

Let’s continue from there!

• rainman
    rainman
    Community Member

@saad Thank you for your reply.

1. Yes, I'm prompted to report the crash each time. I sent a couple of reports earlier today ;)
    2. Yes, it happens every time, with rare exception.
    3. It appears to happen with all items; I tested multiple items and different types of items within my vault.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

• Thanks, @rainmain. I found a few crash reports that could be related to what you are describing, but I still cannot replicate the behaviour on my devices. Could you send us a diagnostic report from your Android device? I will try to follow your configuration as closely as possible and try to see if I can make the crash happen.

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

In the meantime, I have created a internal bug report that is used to track your report. Thanks. :)

ref: OPA-1039

• rainman
    rainman
    Community Member

@saad Thank you very much! Report sent (#TGZ-69718-316).

• Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.