Fill in apps/websites without 1Password keyboard?

richardvrusso
richardvrusso
Community Member

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the noob question as i'm coming from using lastpass. Do I have to use the 1Password keyboard to fill in creds? So far I've only found a solution to switch keyboards back and forth.

Thank you,
Rich

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:fill apps without 1password keyboard?

Comments

• Hi @richardvrusso! Welcome :) The 1Password Keyboard is the only way to fill your credentials outside of the 1Password app on your Android device. We have looked into different methods for filling during the development phases and we found the keyboard to be the most reliable approach at this time.

If you like to use a different keyboard as your primary, you can quickly switch back between your keyboards by long-pressing on the spacebar and use the 1Password Keyboard when you are interested in filling.

With that said, we are always looking to improve 1Password, so if you have any suggestions you would like us to look into, let us know. :)

• richardvrusso
    richardvrusso
    Community Member
    edited October 2016

Hi saad,
    Gotcha. I'm a big fan of the google keyboard hence my question. Ok so long press on the spacebar for input only is cool. Now what about when i'm in this process it asks for the master password. Do I have to use that or can i make it ask for the PIN? If not then I can wait till I have a LG V20 with fingerprint reader.

Regards,
    ®ich

• @richardvrusso The 1Password keyboard should respect the security settings in the main 1Password app. That means PIN Code and Fingerprint Unlock are both supported there! In addition, you can also modify Lock on Exit to determine whether the app should lock when it is sent to the background.

However, there is a new bug we discovered with the 1Password Keyboard that is preventing it from respecting the settings and is causing the keyboard to ask for the Master Password every time. Our team is actively looking into this and plans to have it fixed in a future release. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• richardvrusso
    richardvrusso
    Community Member

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out for an update. Fingers crossed it happens before my trial runs out.

• Awesome! You are welcome to join our beta family if you like to receive frequent updates and don’t mind helping us test prerelease versions of 1Password :)

This discussion has been closed.