Unsure of best purchase options for my spouse and I

Hello - I plan to buy 1password as the keyword manager for my spouse and I. However between the licenses, subscriptions, and "Family" plan, I'm really not sure the best option I should do. I was hoping someone could give a suggestion based on my criteria:

• Two family members, though we don't necessarily share anything
  • Sync between Macbook, iPhone, Apple TV (2x, we each have our own)
  • Would prefer to purchase once instead of a subscription plan

Thanks for any help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• JacobJacob

Team Member

Hi @kilo! I would be happy to help you and your spouse get started with 1Password. :) My apologies for the delayed reply — I appreciate your patience.

With the devices you mentioned, 1Password Families would be the best option. You can add your passwords on any device and they will sync to your other ones with the devices. Family accounts also include:

• All the 1Password apps. You (and every member of your family) always have free access to the latest versions of all the 1Password apps from the downloads page.
    • Sharing with your family. You can share passwords with your family easily once they're invited to the account. They can start using them immediately.
    • Item History for restoring deleted or changed items. If a change was made to an item and it needs to be reverted, fret not. It can easily be rolled back from 1Password.com.
    • Recover accounts if a family member forgets their Master Password. We have always prided ourselves on our security model which has no back door. While we can’t help with lost account details, you can now recover a family member's account to get them a new Account Key and Master Password.
    • View, edit, and add items from a browser. You’ll always have access to your data on 1Password.com, even if you're away from the devices you typically use.
    • Other things. We're always building new things. You'll be among a group of wonderful folks who gets access to them. :sunglasses:

These make the subscription pretty valuable. If you were to use 1Password without a subscription, it would be a separate purchase for you and your wife on Mac and iOS. 1Password Families makes this a bit easier by consolidating things in one things, even if you don't need to share passwords. Though everyone in the family wants the Netflix password, and if it's updated, it would be nice to know what it is now. :)

There's a 30-day free trial of 1Password Families. I'd recommend taking it for a drive. Sign up here, and learn how to get started with 1Password on each of your devices in our first start guide:

Get started with 1Password

Invite your wife to the family by clicking + on the Members page. She can then set up 1Password on her devices as well, and you can both start saving your passwords. The guide above has all the details, but I'm here if you have some questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.