The icon of touch ID doesn't appear even if I tap the Touch ID button

Options
marujapge
marujapge
Community Member

I have 1Password on my iPhone 6. The icon of touch ID doesn't appear even if I tap the Touch ID button. Don't recognise the master password.
So I can not access to my information or settings of 1Password.
I haven't changed anything in phone settings or 1Password, but today the icon of touch ID has missed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:touchID

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @marujapge,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

Do I understand correctly that you are unable to unlock 1Password at all? You don't know the correct Master Password? If that is the case please see this guide:

Change or recover your Master Password

Thanks!

Ben

• marujapge
    marujapge
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben
    I have read the article, and I have tried all that it says without any success. I've seen the hint, and tried different options (older one, caps...), nothing. So, the only thing I can do is eliminate the app? Will I lose all the information I have? All my logins and password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marujapge: Unfortunately it sounds like that may be the case. AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it. Like a phone number or postal address, if it’s not correct it doesn’t reach who it’s intended for — or in the case of the Master Password, 1Password simply cannot decrypt your data without the Master Password being entered exactly. There is no backdoor.

If you changed your Master Password, you can try to restore from a backup, sync from another device, or — failing that — simply start over. 1Password is as secure as the Master Password you choose, but this also means that unless it is entered correctly even you will not be able to unlock it. Do you have a backup of your data on another device? Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you!

This discussion has been closed.