I want to have a vault on my computer only that no other user can see. How do I do that?

I am on a team. I am not the administrator, but have a personal vault everyone can see. I was told I could have a "local to computer only" vault, but can't figure out how to add it. How do I add a vault to my computer that is only on my computer?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i want to have a vault on my computer only that no other user can see. How do I do that?

Comments

• Hi @tgeist2123! Welcome to our forum. The easiest way to do this would be create your own account which is not part of a team. You can do this from our signup page.

Alternatively ,you can create vaults outside the team account if you're using 1Password for Mac. You can also do it on iOS and Android, but it entails setting up the app with that vault and then adding your team account. We're hoping to add support for local vaults to 1Password for Windows as well in the future.

In 1Password for Mac, create a vault outside your account by opening and unlocking the app, choosing 1Password -> Preferences from the menu bar, and clicking Advanced. Check the box beside "Allow creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts" and enter your Master Password. A Primary vault will be created, and you can sync this with one of the supported options. Hope that helps! :)

• tgeist2123
    tgeist2123
    Community Member

I have already set up the app on my pc and added my team vaults. So I need to delete them, add a local vault and then re-add my shared vault?

Thanks.

• @tgeist2123 You can add the local vault without removing your team account. :) The third paragraph in my post covers this. Could you please give it a try?

This discussion has been closed.