ios 1password not populating nabtrade using safari

virtualweb
virtualweb
Community Member

I can login to nabtrade.com.au using browser on my mac desktop, but using safari on my ios device. I click the share setting up arrow, then select 1password and login, it doesn't recognise my nabtrade login details from desktop. Not sure why. So I add a new login, it saves ok, but doesn't populate the username and password fields.

p.s
I thought 1password would be updating login details created on other devices across all devices. Especially when I click on share settings up arrow and enter my master password. But I just realised that information is not synced until I specifically login to the 1password app on the ios device. Once I did this then the other nabtrade account appeared.
Does that behaviour sound correct, to me when I click on share settings up arrow and enter master password a quick sync should occur to make sure that all the current logins are available.

Either way, username and password fields are not populating.

1Password Version: 6.4.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios 10.0.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:nabtrade

Comments

• Hi @virtualweb

Yes, I've run into this myself before as well. Unfortunately this is not something we can fix. The difficulty is that for NAB's login page they use a technology called an iframe. At present Safari extensions (such as 1Password) are not allowed to interact with the contents of iframe elements.

The only way we'd be able to work with this particular login would be if Apple were to update Safari to improve the capabilities extensions have with regard to iframes, or if NAB were to stop using an iframe for its mobile login page.

I wish I had a more promising answer but hopefully either Apple or NAB can address this in the future.

Ben

• virtualweb
    virtualweb
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reply.
    I assume this is also the case with all available browsers, such as Chrome, dolphin etc. and not just Safari.??

Also I'm curious if you have an answer to the 2nd part of my original post. Here it is again -
    p.s
    I thought 1password would be updating login details created on other devices across all devices. Especially when I click on share settings up arrow and enter my master password. But I just realised that information is not synced until I specifically login to the 1password app on the ios device. Once I did this then the other nabtrade account appeared.
    Does that behaviour sound correct, to me when I click on share settings up arrow and enter master password a quick sync should occur to make sure that all the current logins are available.

Thanks Again.

• I assume this is also the case with all available browsers, such as Chrome, dolphin etc. and not just Safari.??

Any browser on iOS, correct. They all use Apple's APIs, and those APIs don't allow extensions to interact with the content inside of frames.

Also I'm curious if you have an answer to the 2nd part of my original post. Here it is again -

Sorry; not sure how I missed that the first time around. Yes, that is working as designed. The extension does not sync. Only the main app does. The reason for this is that often the extension does not "live" for long enough to complete a sync.

Also the idea behind the extension is to get in, fill, and get out. It isn't intended to be a spot to linger. Adding sync code to it would slow it down. It probably wouldn't be much of an annoyance if you were only using the extension occasionally. But imagine the scenario where you are launching 5 web pages and need to login to each of them. Do you really want to wait for the extension to sync for each of them when there certainly won't be any new data between each activation? That is an extreme example, of course, but it illustrates the point. So part of the thought process was that in many cases the extension would be syncing much more frequently than there would be changes available to sync, and that would slow the whole experience down more than it would be worth.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.