Suggestion Item Count

Mac Admin
Mac Admin
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Show the number of items in a folder, vault, or tag at the bottom of the window.

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Hi, Mac Admin, and welcome to the forums. You can view item counts by enabling that option in View menu.
  • Mac Admin
    Mac Admin
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks...not exactly what I had in mine but that will do.
  • invalidptr
    invalidptr
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    I concur with Mac Admin. I (we?) was thinking something along the lines of the way the Finder does it. Less "in your face" and more subtle reference point.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Finder-like item counts in the window footer would make it relatively easy to indicate how many items are currently selected, which is currently lacking. Speaking of multi-selection, I don't like how only a single item's detail is displayed, which can change depending on what's selected. And it's not obvious (to me) in that context what'll happen when the active Edit button is clicked; will only the visible item edited or each one (individually or collectively?) that's selected? Simplistic summary: multi-selection lacks polish.
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    sjk wrote:
    Simplistic summary: multi-selection lacks polish.

Indeed it does. Thanks for the feedback. If the Edit button is clicked while multiple items are selected, only the visible item will be edited. To test this, select a few items and click the Edit button: 1Password will change the selection to just the visible item and switch to Edit mode.

We look forward to improving this experience in the future.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    justG wrote:
    If the Edit button is clicked while multiple items are selected, only the visible item will be edited.

Right. Whether Edit applies to multiple items selected (it doesn't) or only the single visible item (it does) is an example of an interface/interaction ambiguity that's ideally removed/minimized.
This discussion has been closed.