iPad Pro

DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member

Would you please add the fingerprint button to the login screen like on the non-fingerprint enabled models. The fingerprint reader is not reliable and I would rather enter my pin that my hellishly long 1pw password every time the reader fails.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @DoctorDan,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!

Is the fingerprint reader unreliable due to a hardware issue? If so is the iPad Pro not still under warranty? If it isn't a hardware issue have you tried removing and re-adding your fingerprints?

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

I don't think it's malfunctioning but it's sensitive to stuff that gets on my hands after cooking, working around the house, etc. On my older ipads (no sensor) I can just tap the fingerprint button and enter my pin. On the newer devices, with the sensor, after three failures it forces me to enter my 21 character master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@DoctorDan: Ah, I hear ya. For that reason, I registered fingers from both hands to cover my bases. That way if I've keep at least one out of the peanut butter, I can still use it. However, holding the device with the peanut butter hand — well, that's another issue altogether! :lol:

We can certainly consider adding PIN support for Touch ID devices, but it does seem like a shame to go back to such weak security when Touch ID is available. I actually have a longer lock timer on my iPad since it is almost always at home (as opposed to my iPhone, which I could really lose out just about anywhere), and have found that's a good compromise for me. Maybe that helps in the mean time. Cheers! :)

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

I've registered my thumb 3 times, rt index once and left index once. The settings last 3-4 months and then I have to redo the. The ipad never leaves the house and it's much more dofficult to mount a brute force attack on an ipad than it would be on one of my computers (which run a program to mount an attack). Anyway I can easily create a longer pin and still not have to re-enter the entire 21 char password. It just seem that since you already have the button coded into the app and it show when there is no fp hardware that could add a setting to show it always.

Thanks

• @DoctorDan,

If you turn Touch ID off for the device itself you should be able to use a PIN for 1Password.

Thanks!

Ben

• DoctorDan
    DoctorDan
    Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion. When the fp works it's great but it's not predictable. The ideal for me would be to leave it on AND have the button in 1pw.

• Thanks for the feedback. I'll certainly pass the suggestion along to our developers but I cannot make any promises. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.