Can't re-activate Pro features after iPhone restore: account problem

Options
Hero Jig
Hero Jig
Community Member
edited November 2016 in iOS

Hi there AgileBits! So I had to restore my phone from scratch, and after doing that I tried to reactivate the Pro features (which I really like), but no go. I get caught in this loop:

Where that is not my iTunes Store ID. I tried logging out of iTunes Store and using the ID above, but that gave this error:

What to do? Thx!
Jigs

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hey there, @Hero Jig. Thank you for reaching out to us, but I'm sorry for the trouble there! A quick note, I deleted your attached receipt so we could keep your information private. :)

You mentioned that you logged out of the iTunes Store, but let's try the following: please sign out of your iCloud account (in iOS Settings > iCloud > Sign Out). Then open 1Password and try to "Restore Purchase." You should see a dialogue box asking you to sign in to your iCloud/App Store account. Once this is done, your purchased Pro Features should be restored.

Hopefully that does the trick, but please keep me in the loop! :)

• Hero Jig
    Hero Jig
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there max, appreciate your help. But no, I just tried what you suggested above, and got a message about "Unable to Restore Purchase...To restore a purchase for this app, you must be signed in with the Apple ID that used to purchase the app."

I think the problem is that I have an iTunes account for purchasing things, and an iCloud account for everything else. 1Password does not seem to be able to handle this. Not sure what to do now...

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Hero Jig

I'm sorry for the continued inconvenience. Could you please email us your receipt so that we can review it privately to support+forums@agilebits.com? Please include this link in your email:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/71034/

Also could you please tell us (in the email) if the studios*******@icloud.com email address that was shown in the first screenshot (which I've removed to protect your privacy on these public forums) is the one that you made the 1Password Pro features purchase from, or was the purchase under a different Apple ID? Which Apple ID shows up under Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID?

When you do email in you should get a message back from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.